In India, the scourge of malnutrition affects approximately 600 million children, with the consequences life-long. Funds raised during the One Goal and FFV Clubs United campaign will introduce programs that address the issue of malnutrition and establish 100 new grassroots football clubs in rural India by the end of 2015.
The new grassroots football clubs will provide an opportunity for children aged 6 to 15 years old to take part in organised sport and help contribute to a healthy and active lifestyle. As part of the curriculum, nutritional messages and programs will be interwoven with football training to reinforce the importance of proper nutrition for life and as a critical part of becoming a football champion.
A chance footballers to make a difference
If children do not consume the proper nutrients in the first 1000 days of life and beyond, their ability to reach their full potential in life and on the pitch is nearly impossible.
Football clubs in Australia can help change that through One Goal Australia's efforts to combat malnutrition in Asia-Pacific. By raising funds to tackle malnutrition for children throughout India, clubs will help children in malnourished communities by encouraging and introducing programs that promote healthy eating, and an active lifestyle.
Through new grassroots football clubs, children in rural India will gain access to the world's favourite game with organised matches, equipment and training.
How to fundraise for One Goal Australia
- Register to create your individual One Goal fundraising page
- Select the football club that you support or play for under the "Join a team" section
- Share your online fundraising page with your community – family and friends. Let everyone know why you are raising funds to fight malnutrition and ask for their donation
- Encourage your team mates and supporters to start their individual One Goal fundraising pages and start fundraising
- The cumulative funds raised by your Club will be awarded with incentives as set out in Club Rewards
How will your funds raised make a difference for children in India?
When you raise funds through this campaign you’ll be supporting One Goal Australia's fight against child malnutrition through a variety of activities including helping children access nutritious food, assisting mothers to gain pre and post-natal care and breastfeeding education, and by supporting the formation of grassroots football clubs in rural India.
Join the movement. Start fundraising today!