We are a campaign partnership and global movement of advocates with one goal: Nutrition for every child. With football as the catalyst, One Goal seeks to bring awareness to the issue of child malnutrition in Asia and powerfully inspire and mobilise the football community to take action to increase the number of children in Asia who survive and thrive.
- Millions of children born in Asia enter the world at a disadvantage compared to children elsewhere. The nutritional playing ﬁeld is shockingly uneven, with millions of children born each year carrying the burden of poor nutrition and the irreversible damage it can cause throughout their whole life.
- One-quarter of Asia’s 350 million children under the age of 5 are underweight
- 100 million children in Asia are stunted because they do not consume the nutrients needed to develop properly
- 16.5 million under-5 children in Asia are overweight and obese, this number is expected to rise to 23.1 million by 2025
- It is fact that a child born today into a poor community in Asia will not have the same opportunity to participate and develop through organised sport as their counterparts in Europe.
We aim to leverage the power of and the passion for football in the region to tackle the poor nutritional practices and access that have been holding back Asia and Asian football and to ensure that children across Asia eat, live and play right.
One Goal calls for the support of national governments, the corporate sector, civil society, the general public and football fans globally to tackle the double burden associated with poor nutrition that is holding back Asian children.
Change a child's future
Poor nutrition at the start of life is deciding children's futures. Give today and help provide children in Asia the chance to enjoy good nutrition.
Donations to One Goal support nutrition projects and grassroots football efforts through our partner organizations that work in countries across Asia to improve child nutrition and promote a healthy lifestyle through sport.
About One Goal partners
The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) is the governing body of Asian football and one of the six Confederations making up FIFA. The AFC is now headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and consists of 46 Member Associations and one Associate Member Association. Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa of Bahrain is the AFC President and Dato Windsor John is interim AFC General Secretary.
The Asian Football Development Project is a not-for-profit Youth Commission founded in January 2012. AFDP provides Asian football organisations and development organisations using football as a tool for social development with needs-based assistance.
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is an alliance driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. Created in 2002 at a Special Session of the UN General Assembly on Children, GAIN supports public-private partnerships to increase access to the missing nutrients in diets necessary for people, communities and economies to be stronger and healthier.
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders.
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.